Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mr. Liu, from China, was denied asylum

Mr. Liu told the Judge that his wife had personal knowledge of his activities, that he was active in a democracy group in Hong Kong, and that he was hospitalized in 2003.

The Judge said, "Very interesting. Where is a letter from your wife, a letter from the group in Hong Kong, and records from the hospital?"

Mr. Liu said, 'I do not have any of those things."

Judge: "Did you ask your wife, group, and hospital for letters? Did you try to get them? Did you spend ten minutes and ten dollars trying to get them?"

Liu: "Well, no. I was busy working at my illegal job. I spent time eating, sleeping, and watching televsion. I had more important things to do, than to work on my asylum case."

The Judge said, "You lose. You are ordered deported. You will now have lots of time to eat, sleep, and watch televsion, back in the old country."

No comments: