Monday, January 17, 2011

what is your immigration history here in USA?

Mr.T, from Togo, suffered real physical harm in his country: he was imprisoned, beaten, theatened with death, and fired from his job. However, in court, the government lawyer asked him these questions:
1. how many times did you earlier come to the USA?
2. what was your status? what kind of visa did you have? a tourist visa?
3. However, your I-589 says you entered USA as a F-1 student? NO? why do you say NO?
I have your I-589 right here in front of me!
4. Do I know more about your I-589 than you do?
5. what was the job of your husband? he was a diplomat?
6. according to your I-589, what was the job of your husband? a teacher?
7. according to your passport, what was the job of your husband?
8. so, in other words, you cannot repeat what your I-589 says? you cannot repeat what your passport says?
ORALLY, YOU SAY THAT "X" IS TRUE. DID YOU ALSO GIVE US SOME PAPERS, SAYING SOMETHING ELSE? YOU DID NOT READ YOUR I-589 BEFORE COMING TO COURT? YOU DID NOT READ YOUR PASSPORT BEFORE COMING TO COURT?

No comments: