Thursday, January 25, 2018

activist from Sudan #2

The asylum officer asked:
How does your government treat dissidents?
"I know the answer to many of these questions, I ask to get your answer for the record, to justify my opinion, to my boss, that you deserve asyum"
-is there anything else?
are there laws against honor killings in your country?
are there laws against gay activity?
are you a "sexual minority"?
=
ever give anything to a terrorist organization?
Tell me all of  your international travel!
ever get status in another country?
ever serve in the military? receive training on guns or explosives?
ever been accused of a crime?
ever been accused of being a member of a terrorist organization?
ever give food, money, transportation to an organization?
ever recruited on behalf of an organization?
==
does the persecutor believe he has the right to harm the applicant because the applicant has the protected characteristic?
-"I have the right to abuse the victim because she possessed the characteristics that define the group"
=
is there anything else?
is there a member of your family living here in USA who did NOT write a declaration of support for you?

No comments: