Wednesday, December 8, 2021

 Questions asked of an activist from Iraq [part 3 December 2021]

I know I asked you this three hours ago [it is now 3:09 pm]

but, what was your job in 2011? how did you get hired there?

why did you depart from that job?

[why is Immigration Court so different from asylum office?]

Where did you work in May 2005? [sixteen years ago]

[is it in the training of asylum officers, that they should wear down each applicant until at least three inconsistencies are found? Deny the applicant lunch, make him sit there for five hours, and then during the sixth hour, repeat questions from the second hour?]

What did you say about yourself in your DS-160?

[It is my job to drag inconsistencies out of you. We have all the time in the world; what is six hours and 30 minutes, if I can discover an inconsistency that I can show to my boss?]

It is now 3:27 pm. Let's talk about 2011_ ten years ago. Where did you work?

Did you begin work in December 2009 or was it July 2009? Why are you inconsistent?

I will ask you again: was it in December or July of 2009?

It is now 3:40 pm. I will ask you the same question I asked you at 3:15 pm: when did you begin to work at that office?

In 2005, [16 years ago] you were a member of which organizations?

in 2011, weren't there other protests?

what was the government concerned about in 2013?

Brother #1: he worked for what company in 2014?

are you a member of any organizations today?

Tell me about all of your international travel? [why don't Assistant Chief Counsels ask this?]

Have you ever been accused of crime?

did you ever give "material support" to an organization that you think was a good organization?

did you ever recruit anyone to join a "terrorist organization"?

Is there anything else? Yes? what?

It is now 4: 36 pm. We are done!

[this interview was scheduled to begin at 9:30 am. It did begin at 10:30.   A six-hour interview, with one break of 15 minutes]

No comments: