Tuesday, April 19, 2011

what makes testimony interesting and compelling?

Witness #1 said, "The police arrested me, and took me to the prison, where they hit me."

Witness #2 said, "I was at home with my mother and children. I heard tires screech outside. I heard footsteps; some men were on our porch. I thought they were criminals. I thought they might hurt my children. But, it was the police. They barged in, shouting. I thought they might cause my elderly mother to have a heart attack. They grabbed me, put me into a smelly blue van, and drove to a prison. One guard, with a fat belly, who looked like a teacher I had in high school, held a big stick. I thought he might kill me. He had bad breath; he hit me suddenly, when I wasn't looking. He hit me on my head, my arms, and on both legs. I saw blood: on my hands, on my shirt, on my legs, and on the floor."
=

Witness #2 is more interesting, yes? He mentions, sounds, emotions, thoughts, and smells.

No comments: