Sunday, August 8, 2021

 4.QUESTIONS ASKED OR IMPLIED:  JULY 2021 at the Arlington Asylum Office of an activist from the DRC [July 2021]what is your name, according to rules in the United States?who helped you do the I-589? how did you meet that person? how did he help you? what was the process for writing your written statement? did just one person help you? was it read back to you in your native language?

did you read Form I-589 before mailing it in?

It contains lots of errors; you were too busy to make corrections at that time; so now you are going to waste my time [and your own time] and make the corrections now?

  -this is a dull task; but you are making me do it? So, I am a little annoyed at you, right now?

=

Does your I-589 contain all of the threats and harm you suffered?

   -a trick question: of course, it does not. But if you say it does not, the officer will ask why it doesn’t. If you say, yes it does contain all the threats and harm,  you are limiting yourself. Perhaps answer as follows: “

did you suffer any threats, not in the I-589? 

did you suffer any harm, not in the I-589?

  [why did the officer ask this question twice? to trick or trap you? YES]

what is your complete immigration history?

    let’s start back in your country, when you applied for a visa: 

     Who answered the questions on the visa application? you? someone else?

       you forgot what the questions were? you have not read it, recently? But the asylum officer read it yesterday? So, he knows more about you, than you do?

  DS-160 is available in French? DS-160 asks if you have ever been arrested? and you answered no? you lied on the Visa application? The officer thinks you lied? So, if you lied on that, perhaps you lied on another application, I-589?

Give me your original passport, so I can hold it in my hand.

I want to know about every stamp in it. I believe the passport knows more about you, than you do.  And by the way, you agree with that, don’t you? You can’t remember all of your travels, but the passport knows?

   You applied for a visa to France ten years ago, and you were denied? Why?


Let’s see if you can repeat everything on Form I-589, without looking at it.

If your oral statements today, disagree with what you wrote, then we will spend several minutes on that. I will ask you: “why are there errors in the 589? you told me there were no errors in it; but there are?  So, instead of talking about your being tortured in prison, and being threatened, we will talk about your addresses and travel from six years ago.


No comments: