Monday, August 9, 2021

  May 2021: questions asked of a pro-democracy activist by Asylum Officer:

Did anyone help you prepare your application? how was it prepared? did someone read the entirre application back to you in your native language?

Are you aware of the contents of your application? is everything in it true?

How did you meet your lawyer? How many times did you meet with him?

Can you repeat page one of Form I-589 without looking at it? Let's see:

what is your name? use any other names? address? phone number? POB? DOB?

ethnic group? religion? 

When did you last leave your country? when did you last enter the USA?

Tell me your complete travel history!

Can you repeat pages 2-3 of Form I-589? Let's see: name and date of birth of spouse?

name and date of birth of each child? Tell me the international travel of each member of your family!

= = 

Can you repeat page 4 of your application? Let's see:

your last address in your country? you lived there from when to when?

tell me all of your addresses in USA, and all addresses for past ten years

Tell me all your education

tell me all your employments? Where do you work today?

tell me the name of your father/ your mother/ each sibling

Why are you seeking asylum? Who do you fear?

after two hours of questions, the officer asked, "Is there anything else?" Yes? what?

No comments: